Look no further. The best margarita recipe is here. Once you make this, you’ll never, ever use a mix again. These, hands down are the best drinks to usher out the summer.
if you want a plain, delicious margarita recipe, see this. But if you want to shake things up a little bit (that’s cocktail humor) then read on…
Here is his video and the recipe follows. This is from a couple of years ago when we lived in Dallas. So it is Dallas approved!
ONE BATCH FOR FOUR:
6 Limes – juice them. Have more for garnish
1 cup Jalapeno simple syrup – recipe follows
1 cup Cointreau liquor – orange-flavored liqueur
1 cup Herradura tequila – or any tequila
Pour all into a large pitcher and stir. Pour into four glasses filled with ice and garnished with a lime.
Jalapeno Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers (washed and stemmed)
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan over medium-high heat and stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved
- Slice jalapeños lengthwise and add to the pan
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, and simmer for three minutes
- Remove from heat and let it steep for 20 minutes
- Strain to remove all of the pepper
Enjoy! Let me know if you make these! Happy Labor Day!