- Wake up before or at 5 am
- Rinse face and go downstairs to office
- Do bible study (via bible app on phone)
- Read devotional: my utmost for His highest (been reading every year for 15 years and counting)
- Write in my new productivity journal – see what I have here
- Write out my daily work and personal to-do
- Read Brendon Buchard’s High-Performance Habits bookSidenote: I also have the audiobook so I can finish listening to it in the car!
- Meditate using app on my phone – 5 min top focused on mindfulness
- Pray – 5 minutes top
- Skim about 100 blogs in my full FEEDLY app (this is my “tv”)
- Catch up on news by reading the annoying “THE SKIMM” email blurb or flipping through Flipboard app
- If I’m being honest, and I am, I spend a good 15 minutes flipping through Instagram at the end
Then I get ready and start my day!
However, admittedly, at the end of the day, I get simply exhausted with how creative, cute and clever everyone is on social media. I’m overwhelmed with the number of “good advice” business books I read and how much I have to remember in order to perform at the highest of levels. Instead of feeling inspired or motivated, I’m just damn tired. Even though all of it is something I want to do.
At night, I have to give myself a break and just mentally float. Have you done that? I close my eyes and think about nothing at all except floating atop the warm water. I know that sounds stupid but it is a great way to disconnect from distraction. I visualize my hands dropping under the water and then resurfacing. I feel the sun hitting my face and top of my knees. I clear my head.
Then I get up at 5 am and do it all over again.