alright. so it’s almost the end of february and i need a do-over.
might have been a leetle zealous with the new years resolutions. first, there were the resolutions. then came “things i want to do in 2012”. then finally, my post do something for 30 days.
i forgot what i was going to do. it is all too overwhelming now. i’ve got plenty of excuses why too… went to vegas for sister’s birthday and got crazy. then came home and promptly got sick – pneumonia – and think i went a little brain dead in the meantime. so do-over please.
in front of all of you, my fans, my supporters, my loyal reader (mom) i’m going to set up new things to accomplish this year. and you can all hold me accountable. i’m going to resolve to not call them resolutions. i don’t know what to call them but let’s come up with something positive because sometimes i think that because you have resolutions it indicates that something is wrong with you that you have to fix. and one of the hardest lessons for me to learn is that i’m loved just the way i am. that phrase doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be constantly striving to learn and to improve yourself but it will always come back to this:
i’m already loved.
this goes much deeper than my husband loving me or my family. it’s the kind of love that fills that hole inside you that is so empty that you try to fill it with so many things: food, over concentrating on your kids/job/self, drinking, and the list goes on. if you want to know more about that, then click here. otherwise let’s get back to the discussion at hand, shall we?
1. lose 50 pounds. getting serious now. i’m going to look really cute, so those that may be intimidated, watch out. i’ve got new gym shoes to show that i mean business.
2. make a perfect souffle. (they are low fat)
3. watch one TED video a week and document it.
4. to thine self be true. take care of myself. stop worrying or concentrating on other people’s happiness – get what i need for me to be successful/happy. this will then rub off positively on ROF.
5. take a class that enhances this blog. yep, i’m liking writing.
6. know where i want to be in 5 years. this will take some time figuring out. i’m really liking the idea of opening a modern day diner called griddlers -inspired by ROF’s really delicious grilled cheese sammies.
well, those goals don’t look so different from my original ones, but i feel so much more organized now.