- KNOW SECURITY
if you want to fly like a boss you can’t be one of those people holding up the security lines, loading up bin after bin after bin at the bottom of the table. this is how you do this like a pro:
- grab three bins if you have a laptop or other electronic item
- walk to the very front – where you put your stuff in the chute – or walk as far forward as possible. do not stop and take off your shoes or your belt too soon. this holds everyone up
- Note: unseasoned travelers get so excited for security that they start undressing while still in line.
- when you are very close to the top, now undo the three bins and put your laptop alone in one, your carryon in another and plop your shoes and coat in the last
- DO NOT WEAR JEANS WITH METAL ON THEM – oh lordy do they light up the machines. i do know this because i learned the hard way
2. PLANE PREP
- get your favorite water and snacks
- this is a good time to give electronics a break. get some good mags to flip through!
- or download your favorite show- I loved Portandia and the Mrs Maisel show while traveling this past holiday
- other good things to bring to airport === ear plugs, portable charger, don’t forget your ear phones!
3. LOVE FLYING
this is for nervous flyers. i used to be one too – a long time ago. i came close to telling my boss that i couldn’t fly any more. i felt so out of control. but here’s the deal:
- you are always out of control. you’re not in control driving your car. not in control of other drivers or weather or road hazards
- flying, is a gift from God. it really is. appreciate every single moment of it. you are flying around in a capsule above the clouds. it’s amazing and awe-inspiring. it doesn’t matter that i’ve been on hundreds of flights, i get very excited every time. my favorite part is when the plane breaks through the clouds and the weather below to blue skies.