remember: this app automatically populates where you are via GPS. just enter the person or thing you want to remember and when you return to that place, the “remember” app sends you a notification with what you had entered.
- when you want to remember a bartender or waitstaff person’s name at a new or favorite restaurant. the app will send a notification when you walk back into that bar.
- when you meet someone new. while you may not be going back to that conference again, you might remember that you met the person there. so the app remembers that person’s name and information and stores it under the conference name so you can grab it. “who was that SVP we met at the IMG conference…”
medium: thanks lori for introducing me to this one. it’s one i read every morning. the app describes itself better than i could:
At Medium, we are creating a network that enables people to make an impression on others. To make them think or change their minds. To teach them something or connect emotionally. Where the quality of the idea matters, not the author’s qualifications. A place where conversation pushes ideas forward and words still matter.
li.st: i’m having fun discovering new content with this app. i especially like following mindy kaling and bj novak on this app. here is what it is in their own words:
With li.st, you can:
- Get inspired by travel recommendations, reading lists, recipes, and life musings.
- Share your experiences and opinions through richly formatted lists with text, photos, and locations.
- Request lists from your friends and your favorite musicians, athletes, and public figures.
- Find the most popular, exciting, and useful lists from around the globe.
- Search the topics that matter most to you and save lists for quick access.
- Stay informed and up-to-date with news summaries, film and music reviews, TV highlights and more from top publications.
podcasts have gotten so much better lately. maybe because serial was so successful. it sure makes doing anything – walking, driving, trying to fall asleep… more fun. here are some podcasts i like:
dear sugar: plain and simple, it’s an advice program. people email real life and relatable situations and cheryl strayed and steve almond respond. it’s entertaining and i love the research they do to answer the question. they will bring someone else on the show that has been through that particular situation and give their 2 cents. pick any of these that strike your fancy.
embedded: another great offering from npr. this podcast takes a story from the news and digs much deeper. listen to it from the start, to “the house.” you can listen in here.
this is your life with michael hyatt: 10 million listeners can’t be wrong. michael hyatt is a best selling author and the founder of a leadership development company. he covers topics like how to be more productive, how to merchandise your blog and yourself and many other topics. the free content he puts out is amazing. he is your virtual mentor. i recently bought his latest book and loved it. it’s about coming up with a plan for your life. i’m all about planning and this was right up my alley. check it out.
here are three outstanding instagram accounts to follow. why? because i like them.
if you like sushi and new york, you’ll love following bond st. the best sushi restaurant i’ve ever had the pleasure of dining. check out this fish!
so much fun.
do not follow if you’re hungry. best snaps ever.
over and out!